- Edit This Favorite!
- You are here?
- 50 essays a portable anthology 2nd edition answers.
- why are critical thinking skills necessary in writing!
- hamlet essays on character analysis.
- Graduate Study in Historical Musicology.
- Musicology Graduate Students | College of Music | University of Colorado Boulder;
Revista Calle Elvira. Granada, Spain. Published by Signatura Ediciones, Sevilla Spain. Kevin Dawe, Ed. Scarecrow Press. London and New York. From the celebrations of humble folk to the theaters of the European elite, with boisterous castanets, strumming strings, flirtatious sensuality, and dexterous footwork, the Fandango became a conduit for the syncretism of music, dance, and people of diverse Spanish, Afro-Latin, Gitano, and even Amerindian origins.
Once a symbol of the Spanish Empire, it came to signify freedom of movement and of expression, given powerful new voice in the twenty-first century by Mexican immigrant communities.
What is the full array of the fandango? The superb essays gathered in this collection lay the foundational stone for further exploration. The language of the body is central to the study of flamenco.